£5m of corrugator and converting equipment for sale following factory closure
Over £5m worth of corrugated board and converting equipment is up for tender in an international sale which is one of the biggest of its type in recent years.
The sale - run by UK-based asset specialists Charterfields - comprises the complete assets of a manufacturing facility in Queensland, Australia and includes a modern double wall corrugating line and ancillary equipment.
Charterfields have been instructed to sell the assets following the recent closure of the Zac Pac plant in Queensland. The12,000sq m facility was opened in 2014. In 2017 the assets of Zac Pac in Sydney and Queensland were acquired by the Austcor/ABBE Group.
Trevor Barnes, Managing Director of Austcor, said, "Following due diligence of the Zac Pac business and a detailed strategic review of the Zac Pac assets, we decided to close the Queensland facility which was essentially a new factory on a greenfield site. The assets have therefore been placed for sale via private tender."
Ian Maycock of Charterfields added, "The sale represents an excellent opportunity to acquire a modern corrugating line and ancillary equipment. It is rare to see a full facility being offered for sale at the same time and we expect it to attract keen interest from trade buyers from Asia, the US and worldwide."
The machines include:
• 2014, 2.5m Marquip dry end, including double backer / 2.2 M Hsieh Hsu double-wall wet end corrugator with pedestal dry end configuration. RHDPG. Speed 300mpm.
• 1980, 4,500kw Tomlinson water tube boiler
• 1995, A fully rebuilt S&S two-colour Flexo folder gluer with pre feeder and strapping machine
• 1982, A fully rebuilt S&S three-colour Flexo folder gluer with pre feeder and strapping machine
• 1983, A fully rebuilt Koppers Swift three-colour rotary die cutter 66" x 113" with stacker and prefeeder
• 1985, Tanabe OCG-EF-1650 four-point folder gluer
• Coverta DC 2450 die cutter.
The sale runs until midnight GMT on Thursday 18 October 2018. Viewing is by appointment only. For full details see the Charterfields website.