It has been widely reported that a new name has emerged in the Italian recovered fibre market – Riexo.
The company, which will focus on the procurement of recovered fibre, is a joint project between five privately owned paper mills. The companies include:
- Cartiera dell’Adda: a paper mill in Calolziocorte (Lecco), which produces grey-back board in reels and sheets, as well as various tubes;
- Cartiera Cama in Lallio (BG), which produces various grades of solidboard;
- Cartiera Merati in Laveno Mombello (VA), which produces papers for tubes;
- Cartiera Pirinoli in Roccavione (CN), which produces various cartonboard grades and grey-back board for food products as well as tubes;
- Industria Cartaria Pieretti in Marlia Capannori (LU), which produces containerboard, honeycomb, tubes, pads and partitions.