Kongsberg Precision Cutting Systems has unveiled its new digital cutting platform, the Kongsberg Ultimate. The company says its new platform delivers unprecedented levels of productivity, precision and safety.
With its innovative drive technology, an acceleration rate of up to 2.74G and a cutting speed of 168m per min, the Kongsberg Ultimate is a testament to the company’s commitment to developing the latest technology.
“Engineered with our deep understanding of corrugated and display converters’ needs for precision, the Kongsberg Ultimate promises to redefine standards and usher in a new era of productivity and innovation, delivering a fast return on investment for convertors of corrugated board,” said Stuart Fox, President and CEO. “Enhancing operations and providing a significant competitive advantage, the platform sets a new industry benchmark and is set to drive the future of corrugated production for years to come.”
Incorporating six core values in the design, the new machine represents a step forward in technology, directly addressing the challenges faced by corrugated converters involved in continuous high volume multi-batch production.
“With corrugated converters around the world under increasing pressure to produce better, faster, safer and more efficiently to meet the demands of the global market, we have underlined our commitment to deliver a solution that has been engineered for precision and built for productivity,” added Fox. “Businesses seeking to elevate their operations need look no further than the Kongsberg Ultimate.”
The company says its new machine helps unlock key performance capabilities, including:
- Productivity: with its new drive and beam design, the Kongsberg Ultimate defines the next generation of design and performance. This leads to significant productivity gains and return on investment for users.
- Precision: with its meticulously designed custom carbon fibre beam, the Kongsberg Ultimate ensures stiffness and consistently applies a 50kg downforce. The tool head camera further elevates its precision, making every cut align perfectly with the highest industry standards.
- Safety: the Kongsberg SmartzoneTM safety solution is an innovative proximity-driven dual-zone system crafted to blend safety and efficiency seamlessly. Furthermore, the intuitive LED lighting ensures machine status is crystal clear, ensuring a safe and productive environment.
- Uptime: with new self-diagnostics and remote operator alerts, combined with the application of proven robust technologies from other high-demand industrial fields, the Kongsberg Ultimate is designed to deliver the highest uptime to maximise utilisation;
- User Experience: operators are at the heart of every production. Keeping this in mind, the machine boasts the intuitive IPC 3.0 interface with touchscreen to enhance the operator experience, with easily accessible buttons on the machine making every task seamless and user-centric.
- Sustainability: it incorporates greater use of recycled, readily recycled and other materials with less environmental impact.
Fox concludes, “We have worked creatively to ensure that our future is built upon manufacturing equipment that our customers and team can be proud of. The Kongsberg Ultimate is not just an evolution but a leap forward in corrugated production technology and a commitment to the corrugated industry for the future. This achievement reaffirms Kongsberg PCS’s position as an industry leader and underlines our dedication to delivering innovations that empower businesses to thrive in an ever-evolving marketplace.”