Kodak has confirmed significant enhancements across its Unified Workflow Solutions (UWS) portfolio, including the new Prinergy Workflow 8. With integrated offset and digital workflow, expanded proofing capabilities and improved workflow automation, Kodak customers will now be able to further reduce material costs and increase productivity while improving quality and better leveraging digital equipment.
PRINERGY Workflow 8, Kodak’s flagship workflow product now offers a single workflow for both offset and digital printing to maximize efficiency and productivity with reduced turnaround times. In addition, it includes the new Universal Digital Job Ticket Editor, a workflow that enables production decisions based on real-time metrics.
The UWS software upgrades have been optimized for Kodak’s packaging customers, enabling them to take advantage of one the industry’s fastest growing markets. The most demanding brand owners will benefit from superior product quality at a lower cost with these new improved capabilities:
- Maxtone SX Screening for four-color applications delivers higher resolution and greater control for top quality packaging.
- Support for XMP Screening assignments from other workflow systems, enabling Kodak customers to use screening technologies through automation.
- Compliance with the latest Ghent Workgroup packaging industry standards, enabling the world-wide consistency demanded by multi-national brands.
Pandora Step-and-Repeat Software:
- New SMART Layout technology cuts layout creation from hours to minutes, reduces down time with Die Waste Smart Mark and reduces paper waste with Split Color Bar Smart Mark.
- New G7 certification enables print-service providers to expand their customer base to a global level.
InSite Prepress Portal:
- Now supports Prinergy Workflow’s Preflight+ which allows PSPs to detect and correct errors upon job submission
- HTML 5 replaces flash components providing a better user experience
Preps Imposition Software:
- Raises the productivity bar again with automation capabilities that have never been done before:
- Custom fold pattern enhancements for web and ribbon printing signatures
- Shingling and bottling rule management
- Smart collation marks
“Our Unified Workflow Solutions portfolio is a testimony to Kodak’s commitment to our customers as we continuously improve our offering to provide the state-of-the-art workflow solutions that enable them to stay ahead of the competition,” said Allan Brown, Vice President and General Manager of Kodak’s Unified Workflow Solutions. “Our customers now have powerful new tools like a single integrated workflow, the functionality to reduce material waste and a reduction in job turnover times that will enable them to spend more time on growing their business.”