FTA has unveiled the winners of the 2023 Excellence in Flexography Awards. The award-winning prints were announced on Sunday, April 16 during the Awards Banquet at FORUM & INFOFLEX 2023, FTA’s annual four-day technical conference and exhibition.
This year’s list of winners further exemplifies the diverse capabilities that flexographic printing has to offer in today’s fast-paced, constantly changing market.
“Every year I’m more and more impressed with the quality of the print in this competition,” said Excellence in Flexography Awards Committee Chair Alix Guyot of tesa tape. “This year we really saw what’s possible when entrants optimise for their pressrooms and focus on the printing. The judges continue to impress with their dedication and discussions. I encourage anyone to get involved, either through entries or judging.”
Judges representing a range of segments of the flexographic industry analysed hundreds of print samples. All entries were evaluated with a meticulous approach, with multiple parameters for gauging the work’s degree of difficulty and level of execution.
Six prints were selected for the Best of Show award in their respective categories:
- The Vet IQ Skin & Coat/Calming/5-in-One Soft Chew Bags, printed by PPC Flexible Packaging (Wide Web category)
- The Framar CideKicks Disinfectant Pods Bag, printed by Accredo Packaging (Mid Web category)
- The Wander Folk Spirits Garden Club Gin Label, printed by Multi-Color Corp (Narrow Web category)
- The Social Burgerjoint Takeaway Container, entered by Marvaco Ltd on behalf of Adara Pakkaus Oy (Combined Corrugated category)
- The Angry Orchard Hard Cider Explorer Variety Pack Box, printed by International Paper Co (Preprinted Linerboard category)
- The M&S Start Your Spring Collection Today Envelope, printed by Encore Envelopes Ltd (Envelope category)
See all the prints recognised in the 2023 Excellence in Flexography Awards in the online gallery.