Thimm is celebrating multiple successes at this year’s POPAI D-A-CH Awards. The company was able to successfully position itself in five out of 15 categories. The winners were announced as part of a gala event in Düsseldorf on the evening of 9 June.
The winning selections included:
- Gold in the category ‘Travel, Leisure and Automotive, Sports and Play’ – packaging for Brit Care pet food. The three-part packaging for Brit Care consists of an inlay, a flip-pack box with laser cutouts, and digitally-printed outer packaging. The products are securely fixed in the inlay, which is made of corrugated board, and presented in a customer-friendly manner. Pictograms reflecting the brand logo are stamped on the flip-pack box, which is made of brown corrugated board. These die-cuts give the packaging its secondary use as an innovative cat toy. The Brit Care-products will also be presented in an informative manner on the outer packaging. Thanks to digital printing technology, various print runs for foreign markets can be produced quickly and cost-effectively.
- Gold in the category “Drinks, Tobacco”: 1/4- display for competition promotion of the effect® brand. The displays for MBG International Premium Brands GmbH were developed for a temporary promotion. The aim was to generate attention to the Energy-Drinks effect® competition in retail outlets. The prizes, a branded punching bag and boxing gloves, were integrated into the 1/4- displays as eye-catchers. A supporting cross made from corrugated cardboard, which was placed inside the punching bag, gave it the standard filled shape. Thimm developers lowered the punching bag into the display base and thus simulated it hanging in the gym. The gloves were also attached to the corrugated cardboard fixture. In addition to this, the base was used as a communication surface for the brand. Due to the design, the displays could be easily transported to retailers in set packaging, then quickly and easily set up there.
- Silver in the category ‘Personal Accessories, Paper, Office, Stationery’ – 1/2-floor displays from the Share brand for dm-drugstores.
- Silver in the category ‘Food, Convenience Products and Confectionery’ – floor-standing display for spreads made by the organic brand Tartex.
- Silver in the category ‘Beauty and Fragrances’ – 1/4-display for hair care products from the brands invisibobble®, Tangle Teezer and pure97® Kids