Esko and GMG GmbH have partnered to deliver a new connection between GMG’s profiling and colour prediction solution, GMG OpenColor, and Esko’s native pre-press editing software, ArtPro+. The connector will be launched in November 2022.
Creating a smoother and more efficient colour conversion process for packaging and label printers, the new ArtPro+ GMG OpenColor Connector enhances the connectivity and data exchange between the two solutions. This integration ensures uninterrupted file processing and colour conversion, without losing mission-critical metadata between systems – allowing both solutions to operate at their best.
The new connector will deliver wide ranging benefits for customers using ArtPro+ and GMG OpenColor, including:
- The creation of a standardised and automated process for colour matching and re-separation of multi-colour image and vector data, eliminating manual work, reducing the risk of errors and saving up to 60 minutes of operator time per job;
- As ArtPro+ can modify colours, it is now simple and quick to add file edits after conversion for Multi Colour Process Printing;
- Enhanced colour precision on press through standardising colour conversion using GMGs enhanced spectral colour technology;
- The ability to retain mission-critical metadata to deliver a seamless and highly efficient prepress workflow;
- Increased flexibility for printers through rapid and precise prepress setup, thereby reducing pressure on time and resources.