Cito’s high-performance creasing system, ‘Ultimate’, is now available with certification that shows it is safe for the manufacture of food packaging
“We are aware of our responsibility for human health, safe and reliable production processes and sustainable products,” explains Jürgen Mariën, Managing Director. “With our certified materials, we offer packaging manufacturers quality products, which they can use safely for the production of food packaging.”
During the manufacture of the packaging, particles of material that come into contact with it are abraded and deposited on or in the packaging material. This also applies to the creasing matrix, which is placed on the cutting plate and comes into direct contact with the packaging material during the cutting and creasing process. ‘Ultimate’ can therefore be used with a clear conscience for the production of food packaging.
The certified creasing systems combine production safety with product safety, meaning it is safe to use for the manufacture of folding cartons for foods. It also conforms to the EU Directive for food contact materials (EC No. 1935/2004 Art. 3 and 17).
Besides its ISEGA certification, ‘Ultimate’ also offers the following features:
- Flexible coating on a sturdy base for consistently high crease quality, from the first to the last sheet, even for large runs;
- All versions with SG technology;
- Reduces cracking of the crease;
- Ideal for repeat jobs or for archiving in combination with cutting plates
- Available in around 600 different sizes and versions.