Arden Software has released a new version of its project management software for the packaging sector – the most significant release in three years.
WEBcnx 2022 is out now bringing with it a host of new features and performance enhancements designed to improve user experience and delivering the fastest version of the software to date.
Web-based platform WEBcnx integrates with Arden’s packaging CAD/CAM software Impact, as well as other workflow systems, acting as a virtual project manager, enabling customers to manage and streamline their operations from wherever they are in the world. New features in WEBcnx 2022 include:
- Dashboards – new widget driven dashboards deliver more focused views and a range of layouts, enabling users to configure unlimited dashboards with up to eight separate widget areas.
- Configurable charts – collate your data and view the results in multiple chart styles, which are all interactive, allowing users to explore the data in greater depth.
- New search engine – powering the dashboard widgets is an all-new search engine, offering more flexibility than ever to build more complex searches and find and filter your data.
- Design library – new features allow users to explore the relationship between Master Projects and the new designs they’re used to create, and gather more detailed information about one-up design placements.
- Design viewer – now includes a new Enquire Entity tool which inspects entities as you hover over them, providing information about the drawing palette, type of entity and detailed geometry data.
- Customer contacts – to enable greater integration with customers’ business systems, customer contacts lists can now be simply added as ‘contacts’ or ‘users’. This allows for large numbers of contacts to be synchronised from a business system without adding these as full WEBcnx users.
- Multiple choice field support – users can now search using multiple search terms to make locating whatever you’re looking for, whether it’s designs, users or addresses, quicker and easier than ever before.
- Translations – For multi-national companies operating around the world in multiple languages, WEBcnx can now present translated versions of custom lookup field selections to end-users, meaning companies can standardise on field content, but keep things familiar to end users in different regions.
- Impact plug-in – new custom actions and further workflow options complement the removal of all restrictions for working with the dedicated plug-in in Impact, improving the productivity of the design team.
Other new features include security and compliance enhancements, improved user group management, and the ability to preview image files without having to download them first. There’s also extended customer group support to allow members of one company to see tasks and designs from across their group, with the potential for group-wide controls.
Peter Barke, WEBcnx Product Manager, Arden Software, said, “WEBcnx is the ultimate workflow solution for the packaging sector, enabling you to automate the project management of your packaging production across the globe, and streamline workflow in the packaging supply chain. The world has changed immensely since the pandemic, with automation and remote solutions now more sought-after than ever, so we’re confident this latest release will help meet the demands of today’s post-Covid world.”
He continues, “WEBcnx’s powerful workflow automation capabilities are designed to keep projects moving from wherever you are in the world, and we’re very excited to unveil this latest software release, which has been developed by our team of expert developers in response to our customers’ needs.”
From order entry to design, WEBcnx was created specifically for the packaging industry, linking the different parts of a business together to ensure people know what to do and when to do it. It’s compatible with Arden’s Impact CAD software and is also fully customisable to customers’ individual workflow systems, and has the ability to integrate customers and suppliers into the design and approval process.